Professional kitchens and bars must use reliable and long-lasting equipment.
The industrial blender is characterized by high power, multiple speeds, as well as an original design and excellent quality.
It should be noted that unlike cheap blenders, which wear out the motor very quickly, a professional device lasts a long time and almost does not break.
What is a professional blender and what is it used for?
Professional blender — the equipment necessary for the kitchen of any catering establishment. Its presence will help to expand the range, speed up the cooking time and improve the quality of service.
There are two types of professional blenders:
- Professional stationary. Such a device performs almost all types of work: whipping, chopping, chopping, and so on.
- Professional immersion blender. It is necessary for whipping liquid foods and chopping soft food. An immersion blender is a frequent helper in pastry shops.
A professional device has many advantages:
- instant food shredding;
- large selection of sharpened knives;
- large food container;
- shredding the hardest and most frozen foods;
- long service life.
General technical specifications
When purchasing professional kitchen appliances, you need to take into account the specifics of the establishment, its menu and the number of guests per day.Based on this, the blender should be selected according to the main parameters: power, bowl capacity, programming ability and the material from which the device body is made..
A good professional blender can make soups, sauces and smoothies, as well as grind ice, frozen fruits and vegetables, and even meat.
The power of an industrial blender can be from 0.2 to 2 kW. Owners of night bars and clubs where cocktails and smoothies are ordered without interruption should take care to purchase equipment of at least 1.5 kW. This will protect the device from overheating and excessive loads.
Blenders for business are available with one or two bowls. Their capacity varies, usually it is: 0.9, 1.2, 1.5 and 2 liters.
To choose the right size, it is important to decide what the device is used for:
- for drinks made from one or two components, chopping soups or making sauces in small cafes,just one 1-1. 2 liter glass is enough;
- night bars and clubs that often order multicomponent cocktails, milk drinks, and fruit smoothies need to purchase two bowls with a volume of 1.5-2 liters.;
- to prepare iced drinks in restaurants, you can use a blender with one large jug.
When choosing the desired container volume, keep in mind that when preparing a dish, you can fill the bowl only by two-thirds. This will help avoid splashing food.
Speed parameters and programming mode
The professional device has a control panel with buttons for different modes.
The number of modes depends on the speed:
- single-speed blenders only have an On/Off switch;
- two-speed devices are also equipped with a HI/LO button in addition to switching on and off;
- devices with three speeds are equipped with a timer and a PULSE button.
Models with a large number of speeds are necessary for bartenders in night clubs. The timing button will help you spend time with several guests, because when you prepare a drink, the blender turns off automatically.
The external panel of the device can consist of plastic or chrome and stainless steel.
Both materials can last a long time if properly cared for:
- Plastic– durable and practical material, it is easy to wash. The disadvantage of such a base is that it does not always fit into the kitchen interior. There are black blenders, but they also do not look spectacular, unlike their steel and aluminum counterparts.
- Stainless steel– requires even more careful handling. If the material is cleaned with an abrasive agent, scratches may form, which will lead to rust. At the same time, the blender is perfectly combined in style with all metal objects in the kitchen.
- Chrome-plated steel– fits perfectly into the interior and is quite durable. The only drawback is that food or finger marks may remain on the material, so it needs to be wiped several times a day.
Where is it used and for what purpose?
A good blender is a great investment in your restaurant business. After all, its capacity and volume will save time for cooking, which means that the bartender or chef will have the opportunity to serve a larger number of visitors.
Professional blenders can be used at home, as well as in:
- cafes and restaurants;
- pastry shops.
High-power professional blenders are capable of chopping absolutely anything:
- vegetables and fruits;
- ice and frozen food items;
With the help of blenders, you can easily and quickly cook:
- mashed soups;
- creams and sauces;
- smoothies and smoothies;
The professional blender can be used as a coffee grinder, juicer, or even a meat grinder.
The difference between professional devices and regular ones
Professional blender has a number of differences:
- high grinding power and speed;
- grinding quality ( to a homogeneous mass);
- multiple speeds;
- several different attachments;
- large bowl capacity — up to 2 liters ( there may even be two of them);
- sharper knives and faster rotation speed (from 20,000 revolutions);
- energy resistance — can work for a long time without switching off.