If you Wake up in the morning, you notice strange red dots on your body, which at the same time cause irritation and itching, then you should think about whether you have uninvited guests in your bed. These vampires are called bed bugs. Unfortunately, their bites are not so harmless. Itching is not the worst consequence of interacting with these insects. They are carriers of various infections. Therefore, it is necessary to figure out how to get rid of pests once and for all.
Bedbugs are sensitive to the odors of certain herbs, so their use is considered quite effective. Let’s take a look at which herbs are the most disliked by bloodsuckers:
- Wormwood.It is recommended to make a strong decoction of wormwood and conduct a wet cleaning at home with the help of the resulting liquid. Unfortunately, this method brings only temporary relief. After 3-4 days, the smell of wormwood disappears, and the bugs go hunting again.
- Tansy.This herb repels insects well and has a paralyzing effect on them. To do this, it is enough to spread out dry grass in the corners of the room.
- Air.It has a similar effect to tansy. Calamus powder should be scattered under baseboards, under animal bedding, mats – all your favorite places of bedbugs.
- Camomile.The herb is sold in any pharmacy, has a pleasant smell, compared to the above products and is quite effective in the fight against small blood-sucking beetles.
If traditional methods with herbs did not help you and you are still bitten by bedbugs at night, then it’s time to move on to chemical methods of dealing with them. The most effective ones are:
- denatured mixtures;
- transformer soap.
Please note that all these products have a pronounced pungent smell. It is necessary to prepare a concentrated solution and treat the premises with it, including all corners and crevices. These remedies do not give a 100% guarantee of getting rid of bedbugs, but they have helped many people, so you should try and choose the most effective method for yourself.
If you have tried all the folk remedies, and their effect did not meet expectations, then you should think about calling home specialists in the destruction of insects. Today, many organizations provide such services. Please note that they treat the room and furniture with very caustic substances. You may have to move out of your apartment with your Pets for a few days.
It is better to prevent the appearance of bedbugs than to fight them. Here are the basic principles of prevention:
- Regular wet cleaning of the premises.Do not ignore any crevice or corner – these are your favorite insect habitats.
- Care of carpets and textiles.Carpets should be thoroughly cleaned, vacuumed, and periodically shaken out. Bed linen is often washed and ironed. Inspect the mattress.
- Bring new items with care.If you bought used furniture, then carefully inspect it and disinfect it with special tools. New furniture is also recommended to be carefully examined and processed, as parasites can also live in it.