A small bedroom is not as scary as, for example, a small kitchen or a cramped corridor. After all, the main requirement that we present to this room is that it should fit a bed or a folding sofa. From the point of view of practicality, the rest of the furniture there is not an absolute necessity. However, if you are smart about arranging a small bedroom, then putting other furniture there and making the space visually larger is quite a feasible task.
The bed is called the “master of the bedroom”for a reason. Here it is the main interior item and performs the primary task. In a small room with a small width, the bed should be placed across the room or along one of the walls. For a double bed, do not forget to take into account the places of passages to the sleeping places of both partners. The comfortable space near the sleeping place, which should remain free, starts from 70 cm. Often in small rooms it is not possible to leave 70 cm on each side, then one of the partners will have to sacrifice their comfort and sleep near the wall. But this way you can save space for the dressing table.
Where to store your items
In a small room, you need to appreciate every inch of free space. Keeping some things in the bedroom is more of a necessity than a whim of the owners. Bed linen, pillows, blankets, all this is convenient to place in the immediate vicinity of the sleeping place. Use the space under your bed wisely! Just do not need to create a warehouse of things there and just cover the distance from the floor with a long blanket. It is better to think in advance about the design of the bed – raise it higher above the floor level, and make roomy drawers at the bottom. A beautiful and functional niche bed is ready.
Cool tones visually make the walls further away. Warm shades have the effect of visual approximation.. When choosing the color scheme of a bedroom, be sure to take this fact into account. Use different color combinations:
- short oneswe paint the walls or cover them with Wallpaper in warm tones (beige, peach, soft coffee);
- long ones– in cool but light colors (pistachio, soft lilac, sky blue, etc.).
This color play will visually give the bedroom a more square shape and add space. A similar effect can be achieved by using horizontal stripes on the wall.
Choose floor materials to suit your taste and budget. The main thing is to take into account the drawing of the product and place it across the room or diagonally. A carpet with horizontal stripes will also help to make the space visually wider.
Here are some more useful tips for designing a small bedroom:
- Wall at the head of the bed– an ideal place for placing shelves in view of the letter P. This solution will replace your bedside tables, allow you to place books, a lamp and other useful things. And most importantly-it will significantly save space and add originality to the interior.
- Wide mirrorvisually expand the room. Place it on a long wall. On a narrow wall, on the contrary, it visually lengthens the room.
- Ifthe bedroom window is located on a narrow wall then use curtains with a horizontal pattern.
- Don’t forget aboutphotos and paintings. Endless fields, roads stretching away into the distance, sea expanses-all this creates a psychological effect of space.