*Review best according to redakciey. About the selection criteria. This material is subjective in nature, is not an advertisement, and does not serve as a guide to purchase. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Every day, the presence of a DVR in the car is becoming more and more relevant. No driver can predict when they will need help in the form of camera footage. Meeting the needs of car owners, manufacturers produce multifunctional devices with high-quality shooting. Many of them provide a clear picture both day and night. To choose a useful device that will work well in the dark, you should know some of the technical features of the DVR. Experts recommend paying attention to the following parameters.
How to choose Yandex. Navigator for night photography
- The matrix. For night shots, matrices with increased light sensitivity are best suited. These can be CCD or CMOS sensors. A lower cost for a large number of pixels is allocated to a CMOS matrix. But the best image quality without noise is provided by CCD technology.
- Maximum video resolution. The high-quality image provides the driver with a video recorder with a maximum video resolution of 4096 x 2160 or 2560×1440. However, the price of such devices is high, so the best option is to buy a model with a resolution of Full HD (1920×1080) or 2304×1296.
- The lens of the camera.For the manufacture of a camera lens, manufacturers use glass or plastic. Glass lenses have the best night shooting quality. Alternatively, hard plastic optics can be used.
- Processor. To ensure the functionality of all DVR systems at night, the model must be equipped with a powerful processor. Ambarella and Novatek processors have the best characteristics.
- Backlighting. When shooting at night, you can’t do without backlighting. There are different lighting methods, most often white LEDs are found. But the greatest efficiency is demonstrated by IR illumination. It does not distort the real picture of the road situation, even in complete darkness.
- Additional features.Various assistive technologies help improve the quality of night photography.
- WDR function (Wide Dynamic Range) allows you to improve the image quality in some situations, for example, when the image is illuminated by the headlights of oncoming cars or bright rays of the sun.
- HDR technology(High Dynamic Range) is responsible for the brightness and contrast of video recording. It makes the image on road signs and license plates legible.
- Anti-glare filterprevents the frame from being illuminated when the oncoming car’s headlights hit the camera.
- The GPS module. When shooting at night, positioning accuracy can be an important factor. The presence of the GPS module allows not only to solve this problem, but also to record the route and speed of movement.
- The Wi-Fi Module.The Wi-Fi module allows you to simplify the management of the DVR. If you have one, you can link the device to your smartphone or tablet. Using external gadgets, you can not only view the captured video, but also configure the recorder.
We have selected the 8 best DVRs for night shooting in our review. All of them are widely represented in the Russian retail network. The allocation of places has taken into account the opinions of experts and feedback from local motorists.
Rating of the best DVRs for night shooting
|Rating of the best DVRs for night shooting||1||Neoline X-COP R750||25 990 ₽|
|2||DATAKAM G5-CITY MAX-BF Limited Edition||15 290 ₽|
|3||Street Storm CVR-A7812-G PRO||11 990 ₽|
|4||TrendVision MR-710GP||11 631 ₽|
|5||AdvoCam FD8 Red-II||5 792 ₽|
|6||CARCAM Q7||5 580 ₽|
|7||VIOFO WR1||5 390 ₽|
|8||CARCAM R2||4 200 ₽|
Neoline X-COP R750
In the most difficult conditions, the Neoline X-COP R750 DVR will come to the rescue of the driver. This device successfully combines high-quality shooting and a radar unit. Experts appreciated the sharp image at night, enabling this mode automatically. The device has an anti-glare filter, an external GPS antenna, and a GPS/GLONASS module. The device is attached to the windshield with a convenient swivel holder. The model is equipped with a large touch screen (2.8 inches), you can set up communication with your smartphone or tablet via the app (Android and iOS), and the SOFTWARE is updated via Wi-Fi.
The DVR becomes the winner of our rating for the quality of night shooting and excellent design. Only it is better to install and configure a multifunctional device in a specialized service.
- beautiful design;
- high-quality night shooting;
- secure mounting;
- radar detector.
- high price.
DATAKAM G5-CITY MAX-BF Limited Edition
The DATAKAM G5-CITY MAX-BF Limited Edition DVR has a good set of technical parameters. To get to the second place of our rating, the device was helped by a wide viewing angle (170°), long-term operation from the built-in battery (up to 40 minutes). Experts liked the auto-tuning of the bitrate. if you want, you can change it depending on the traffic situation. The model is made with high quality, and the geolocator works very accurately, determining the distance to localities. The manufacturer managed to improve the quality of night shooting due to the polarizing blend filter.
Motorists are satisfied with the image quality at any time of the day, the presence of two flash drives in the kit, the auto-start option, and long-term operation from the built-in battery. The disadvantages include a small screen of 1.6 inches and a high price.
- high-quality image;
- accurate geolocation;
- wide viewing angle.
- small display;
- high price.
Street Storm CVR-A7812-G PRO
The South Korean Street Storm CVR-A7812-G PRO DVR boasts an excellent combination of price and quality. First of all, experts pay attention to the maximum resolution of the video recording at 12×1440 and a 4-megapixel sensor. You can view the captured video comfortably on the 2.7-inch screen. The device takes the third place in the rating. The device is convenient to use, the manufacturer has equipped its product with many functions. These are G-sensor, IR illumination, WDR, timer shutdown, etc. Built-in memory allows you to store up to 512 MB, the maximum size of the memory card is 64 GB.
Motorists consider the model to be one of the most successful developments, in which the main parameters are balanced. Among the minuses, a small viewing angle (155°) and the lack of Wi-Fi are mentioned.
- high-quality Assembly;
- high resolution;
- compact dimensions;
- small viewing angle;
- there is no Wi-fi transmitter.
The largest screen (4.3″) has a video recorder TrendVision MR-710GP. The manufacturer combined the device with a rear-view mirror, equipped it with a powerful processor and a large matrix. Combined with a glass lens, it’s a perfect device for night photography. As befits a real Chinese, the DVR is Packed with many modern options. Experts praise the model for its slim body (14 mm), which has a convenient mount. When turned off, the gadget is a regular overhead rearview mirror.
The DVR stopped a step away from the podium of our rating due to some disadvantages. Users report periodic freezing of the device, grainy images, and flickering of the display in the mirror.
- great design;
- nice picture;
- resistance to a wide temperature range;
- the availability of GPS.
- settings get lost;
- grainy image.
AdvoCam FD8 Red-II
The domestic development of AdvoCam FD8 Red-II is being implemented at an affordable price. At the same time, the Russian manufacturer managed to create a video recorder with good technical characteristics. Experts appreciated the high maximum resolution of 2304×1296, convenient LED illumination, a good processor and a very sensitive matrix. Thanks to this filling, a clear picture is obtained when shooting at night. In addition, there are GLONASS and GPS receivers that provide accurate positioning. It is convenient to operate the device thanks to the One Touch function. To save videos, the model is equipped with a built-in memory of 128 MB. Another 128 GB can be stored on removable flash drives.
The fifth place was taken by the device due to the limited viewing angle (120°) and for the short battery life.
- good shooting quality;
- sync via GPS;
- secure mounting;
- clear menu.
- small viewing angle;
- weak battery.
The CARCAM Q7 DVR is the first mid-range device based on the high-speed Ambarella A7 processor. The device has a maximum video resolution of 2304×1296, which exceeds the quality of FULL HD. Thanks to the WDR function, a clear picture is provided at night. The DVR allows you to record the route and speed of movement, and a removable GPS module is responsible for this. The device’s advantages include a wide viewing angle (160°) and a large screen (3″).
Domestic motorists praise this model for decent picture quality day and night, convenient rotary mechanism, compact size and long cable. To rise higher in the rating, the device was not allowed to have inconvenient controls, lack of blocking from overwriting, and periodic freezing.
- high-quality shooting;
- the GPS module;
- wide viewing angle;
- large display.
- weak battery;
- inconvenient operation.
Many positive reviews can be read from Russian motorists in the address of the video recorder VIOFO WR1. First of all, the device has earned praise for its compact size, it does not catch the eye when looking at the windshield from the outside. You can attach it to the mirror or behind it on the windshield. Experts note such a design feature as a capacitor instead of the usual battery. Such an energy source is more resistant to high temperatures and has a long service life. The device has a number of modern functions, such as a Wi-Fi module, a G-sensor, and a motion sensor.
High-quality shooting is provided by the Sony IMX323 matrix. The maximum video recording resolution (1920×1080) looks somewhat more modest, and the device also does not have a screen, which affected the final place in the rating.
- high-quality Assembly;
- compact size;
- good shooting quality;
- the capacitor.
- no screen available;
- bad sound.
The most affordable price is the CARCAM R2 DVR. Despite this, the device shows good shooting quality, both in daylight and in the dark. The manufacturer has equipped its product with a GPS module, a G-sensor, a SONY Exmor IMX323 sensor with high light sensitivity and a 6-lens glass lens. The viewing angle is 145°, so you can see both the passing lane and the oncoming lane in the picture. The manufacturer saved money on the battery (180 mAh) and the display (1.5″). The model is included in our rating for high-quality shooting, the ability to control it from a smartphone, and a large number of settings.
Domestic car owners are flattering about the affordable price, shooting quality, and reliable mounting. The disadvantages of the device include a small screen and a short battery life.