*Review best according to redakciey. About the selection criteria. This material is subjective in nature, is not an advertisement, and does not serve as a guide to purchase. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Car Polish is a multi – faceted and important element of the auto chemical industry, with more than a dozen varieties and methods of working with it. The basic component of its composition has always been abrasive particles of varying degrees of softness and dispersion, which have a mechanical effect on the workpiece. In the course of the development of production technologies, the composition underwent many changes and modifications, as a result of which the abrasive base was either completely excluded from it, or (for the sake of increasing the complexity of the action) was reinforced with other elements.
Today, dozens of large and small companies that occupy leading positions in the segment of auto-chemical products are engaged in the production of auto-polishes. The difficulty of choosing in such a situation lies entirely in the abundance of options. In this regard, the editorial Board, together with a number of staff experts, has prepared a rating of the best polishes in four main categories. The selection was made based on the following parameters::
- price criterion;
- performance indicators (efficiency, components, duration of action);
- the degree of harmfulness of compounds to humans and their effect on various surfaces of the car;
- popularity of the manufacturer in the Russian market.
How to choose a car Polish
It is advisable to choose polishes for cars based on the variety parameter. In this case, they can be divided into the following groups::
- Pastes.Thick multicomponent formulations that require special brushes or sponges to apply. They are divided into three types: abrasive, waxy and synthetic.
- Abrasive pastes. This type of Polish is based on various abrasive particles, such as chalk, marble powder or clay. It has a pronounced cleansing effect, but they should be used very carefully. When applied correctly, such pastes can remove small scratches on the paint, but they can also serve as a source of scuffs and lead to scratching of the layer.
- Wax pastes.The most popular type of Polish, designed to give the body (or individual elements) Shine and color correction. It requires preliminary washing of the processed parts from dirt, after which it is applied to the surface in a thin layer. As a rule, one treatment is enough for an average of three months, after which the procedure must be repeated.
- Synthetic pastes.A very “rich” type of auto Polish, divided into three large groups: reducing, polymer and silicone. All of them somehow provide the body with a stable film coating that prevents the negative impact of environmental factors on the paintwork. However, at the same time, the reducing synthetic paste is able to “build up” metal in places of chips, cracks and scratches due to the action of polymer additives located inside the listed defects. A very effective and inexpensive solution to the problem with the appearance of the body.
- Liquids. This group of polishes has the same properties as pastes, but uses different methods of application on the surface. Most often on the market you can find aerosol formulations containing one main component, but polishes with the mutual action of all three elements (synthetics, abrasives and wax) are not uncommon. They are characterized by higher consumption, but easier application and better penetration.
- Foam.A derivative of liquid polishes with improved penetrating functions. It is mainly used in tools for processing plastic panels (especially textured ones), since applying to the body requires a lot of time.
Rating of the best car polishes
|The best car polishes products||1||Sonax Premium Class||4 700 ₽|
|2||Meguiar’s Gold Class||1 413 ₽|
|3||DOCTOR WAX DW8275||481 ₽|
|4||LIQUI MOLY UNIVERSAL POLITUR 7647||647 ₽|
|5||Turtle Wax Original FG6507||399 ₽|
|Best car polishes for panels and plastic||1||Meguiars G-12310||1 023 ₽|
|2||Hi-Gear Dashboard Cleaner Professional Line||430 ₽|
|3||NANOX 8344||370 ₽|
|4||Doctor Wax DW 5219||491 ₽|
|Best car polishes for chrome surfaces||1||Doctor Wax DW 8317||313 ₽|
|2||SONAX chrome and aluminum paste||399 ₽|
|Best car glass Polish||1||SONAX 273141||1 900 ₽|
|2||Hi-Gear HG5640||324 ₽|
The best car polishes products
Sonax Premium Class
The “Premium Class” series polishes from Sonax are based on a nanosapier structure that is ideally suited for paint and varnish coatings in any technical condition. It perfectly copes with the “sealing” of deep micro-cracks, scratches and cracks in the paint, as well as refreshes the color and allows you to remove the problematic varnish layer (about 0.5-3 micrometers), exposed to negative environmental factors. In parallel with the mechanism of removing the defective layer, the mechanism of forming a new film (based on Carnauba wax), triggered by a complex of active components, is activated.
As users note, the cost of Sonax “Premium Class” hides a very effective composition, all the stories about which are confirmed after the first application. According to their own comments, not only the bodies of brand-new cars can be treated, but also the battered surfaces of used cars. The standard set of polishes (in addition to the bottle itself) includes a sponge-applicator for uniform application of a layer of the composition, as well as a high-quality napkin for subsequent wiping of the bodies clean.
- a complex effect on the defects of body parts of cars;
- paint color correction;
- the presence in the composition of Carnauba wax, which creates a glossy effect and has water-repellent properties;
- complete set (sponge + microfiber cloth in the set).
- not detected.
Meguiar’s Gold Class
Meguiar’s “Gold Class” car Polish is a close analogue of the Sonax “Premium Class” Polish, which has cleaning, restoring and tread functions for long-term use. This product is based on a combination of wax with polymer components, the purpose of which is to fill cracks in the paintwork and then block them, as well as in the formation of a fresh protective layer with the functions of repelling water and dirt. The Polish perfectly copes with removing streaks from the surface, giving the latter a mirror appearance.
According to experts, the nuance of using Meguiar’s “Gold Class” is the method of applying it to the body. While the above-mentioned competitor requires even painstaking, but less wasteful application of the composition to the surface using a sponge (included in the composition), this sample shows its best protective properties only in the case of heavy spraying and subsequent drying. This fact reflects the Polish’s inherent high consumption to achieve the desired effect. In other respects, it is excellent – and, therefore, wins the second place in the rating.
- triple action mechanism (cleaning, restoring and protecting the body);
- the presence in the composition of special polymers that have a restorative effect on the paintwork;
- best value for money;
- the effect of color correction of the body.
- high consumption.
DOCTOR WAX DW8275
Perhaps one of the most effective polishes for the car in terms of performing cleaning functions, quickly and efficiently removing dirt of medium complexity. DOCTOR WAX DW8275 is naturally considered a tool for such “neglected” cases when thorough cleaning of the body from destructive substances accumulating in microcracks of the paintwork with the instant formation of a resistant wax-polymer film on the surface is required.
No less revealing are the possibilities of the composition when cleaning chrome parts, which can and should be perceived as a pleasant addition to the possibilities of polishing. Among other advantages of DOCTOR WAX DW8275, consumers note low consumption, optimal cost-quality ratio, as well as prevalence in stores. And the effect of the protective film formed by the bond of wax and polymers lasts for a long time-enough to keep the body in excellent condition during periodic treatments for many years.
- a pronounced cleaning effect, accompanied by the ability to remove stubborn dirt from the body and chrome parts;
- best value for money;
- formation of a polymer-wax film with a reducing effect on the coating;
- low consumption of the compound.
- not detected.
LIQUI MOLY UNIVERSAL POLITUR 7647
And, of course, what rating will do without the direct participation of the composition from the German company LIQUI MOLY, which enjoys the fame of one of the strongest of its kind. Universal Politur 7647 is a truly unique composition, the main active component of which is an abrasive element that affects only dirt and other parasitic phenomena on the car body. The competence of this “smart” element includes the removal of deposits and aggressive substances that accumulate in the roughness and cracks of the paint layer, as well as persistent dirt spots (up to bitumen).
According to users, the only controversial nuance regarding LIQUI MOLY Universal Politur 7647 is that the packaging volumes are too small. Bottles of 250 milliliters are not respectable, even if the composition shows stunning efficiency (and, accordingly, requires a small consumption). With the exception of this drawback, it is impossible to single out anything negative-the product fully justifies its name and perfectly supports the image of the manufacturer.
- unique composition based on a chemical abrasive that does not harm the paintwork;
- best value for money action;
- extremely high efficiency of the compound;
- high degree of popularity.
- small filling volume (250 milliliters).
Turtle Wax Original FG6507
One of the oldest car polishes on the market still shows excellent results in terms of providing a cool appearance and reliable protection of the body from the influence of negative factors. Turtle Wax Original FG6507 is a classic composition based on microparticles of Colin, which is an abrasive-reducing component for splicing cracks and scratches in paintwork. Additional cleaning components are sensitive to the applied surface, but are extremely aggressive for dirt and various kinds of plaque.
According to experts, despite the solid age of the composition (which is being upgraded from year to year), a number of competitive polishes still fail to achieve the same effect from the use. This is both the advantage and the beauty of Turtle Wax Original FG6507 – the very case when persistent adherence to the path of consistency pays off.
- low price;
- long history of application, periodic modernization of the composition;
- possibility of polishing body parts, as well as hubcaps and light-alloy wheels of cars;
- strong protective layer.
- one bottle of the product is enough only for one full-fledged body treatment.
Best car polishes for panels and plastic
Gel-like Polish for plastic, characterized by a delicate effect on the surface and a pronounced recovery ability. The main advantage of the Meguiars G-12310 is the negligibly low cost of processing sufficiently large parts, due to which all claims about the high price seem simply ridiculous. In addition to a pronounced restoring function, the polishing gel has a subtle cleansing effect, which consists in removing plaque or (if you like) the upper “spent” micro-layer of plastic.
The second positive feature of Meguiars G-12310 is that it does not contain aggressive chemicals, so the Polish can be safely applied even on the paintwork. The maximum registered effect of active substances in it, which provide protection and polishing effect, is 3 months, which compromises the already groundless statements about the high price.
- a pronounced polishing effect with the removal of upper micro-layers of plaque and other contaminants;
- restoration of surfaces from shallow scratches and chips;
- optimal cleaning of flexible and rigid plastics;
- long-lasting effect of the application.
- not detected.
Hi-Gear Dashboard Cleaner Professional Line
An effective foam Polish with a deep cleaning function, designed specifically to refresh the color of the car dashboard. The choice in favor of the hi-Gear Dashboard Cleaner Professional Line foam structure is quite logical, since it allows the substance to penetrate the very texture of the plastic stamping, pushing out dirt and dust accumulated there, out. Thus, the old panels are partially updated, accompanied by color correction, recovery from scratches and cracks, as well as the formation of a protective film (with an antistatic effect).
An important advantage of Hi-Gear Dashboard Cleaner Professional Line is that, unlike cheaper analogues, it does not leave greasy spots and Shine. Due to this efficiency, the cost of the Polish looks optimal, not to mention the ease of use. In General, users are very satisfied with the effectiveness of the foam composition, and experts are not against its inclusion in the rating.
- value for money and high quality;
- reliable protection from UV rays;
- antistatic effect of the formed protective film, which protects against dust settling;
- deep cleaning of textured plastic due to the foam structure of the product.
- it is not revealed.
A unique Polish for plastic and rubber, based on special developments of NANOX. It has a pronounced reducing effect, working on the principle of filling micro-cavities with polymer particles contained in the composition. In addition, by chemical action on the surface, the product allows you to get rid of such phenomena as dullness and turbidity of plastic, which is very good for processing headlights around the entire perimeter of the body.
As users note, despite the high cost, NANOX 8344 is a good investment for the benefit of your vehicle as a premium chemical product. If it were not for the presence of dangerous impurities for the paintwork, because of which consumers should be more careful when using it, the first place in the rating would certainly go to it.
- excellent quality;
- perfectly cleans the surface layers of headlights from plaque, turbidity, and also prevents the appearance of yellowness;
- reliable protection of plastic after processing;
- it has restorative properties.
- pronounced surface-active effect that can cause damage to the paintwork.
Doctor Wax DW 5219
Car Polish Doctor Wax DW 5219 – the main expert in the restoration of plastic parts. This Polish is successfully used in the processing of bumpers, side moldings and dashboards, but no less effectively copes with improving the appearance of headlights and all sorts of rubber inserts. The mechanism of its action is not much different from its analogues: when applied, cleaning components are activated, which remove all kinds of dirt from the surface (except for particularly persistent ones). At intervals of several seconds, the mechanisms for restoring the layer are triggered, polymer clogging of microcracks and other operational defects occurs. A glossy protective film is formed, which is based on the mutual action of polymers and wax.
The difference in the interval “before” and “after” processing of the Doctor Wax DW 5219 body is obvious: both consumers and experts witnessed a noticeable transformation of the processed elements, noting the ease of the result achieved and the degree of impact on the color conditions of the paint. The only negative is the poorly selected cap of the bottle, which makes the” squeeze ” of the composition a real test.
- mechanism of action aimed at cleaning, restoring and visually transforming plastic parts;
- the wax coating is water-and dust-repellent;
- the visible effect is achieved after the first application;
- attractive price.
- problems with the ergonomics of the Polish delivery system.
Best car polishes for chrome surfaces
Doctor Wax DW 8317
Liquid car Polish from Doctor Wax is a means of delicately removing dirt and corrosion spots from chrome-plated car elements. It is based on the action of a fully synthetic group of surfactants and passivation components associated with the abrasive particles introduced into the composition. Due to such a variety of elements, the treated surface is cleaned (by friction and chemical influence) of oxides and persistent dirt, as well as the formation of a persistent film with the effect of giving gloss, the purpose of which is to protect the part from possible relapses.
Doctor Wax DW 8317 has one very significant advantage over its main competitor (SONAX), which is expressed in economic terms – the cost is lower, and the amount of funds is larger. But, as consumers and experts note, if it gets on the paintwork, it can also cause big problems – in addition to being worn down, the varnish can be chemically exposed and eventually just start to darken.
- attractive price with a good volume of the bottle;
- presence of abrasive particles that make it easier to remove metal oxides and dirt from chrome parts;
- detergent active ingredients in the composition;
- high efficiency of action and, as a result, reduced consumption.
- avoid getting on the paintwork.
SONAX chrome and aluminum paste
Pasty car Polish with a high degree of abrasive action, suitable for processing exclusively unpainted chrome metals, copper (alloys based on it) and aluminum. Exclusively, since the abrasive contained in the composition can cause serious damage to the paintwork. Having a high dispersion of abrasive, this paste literally strips off dirt from the metal surface, giving it a pristine Shine and purity. Similarly, you can use the composition to fight against corrosion, removing the focus from the part and protecting it from repeated manifestations of the “disease”.
One of the main advantages of SONAX paste is extremely low consumption, due to the highest efficiency of action. This eliminates the high cost of the tube on the one hand and once again indicates the quality and quality on the other. Yes, it brilliantly copes with the functions assigned to it, but, unfortunately, it does not reach the more significant competitor from Doctor Wax in a number of parameters.
- high quality polishing of non-ferrous and alloy metal surfaces;
- creating a strong protective coating on the surface;
- ability to effectively remove pockets of corrosion and stubborn dirt;
- very high efficiency and low consumption.
- the high price;
- inability to Polish metals with paintwork.
Best car glass Polish
High-quality Polish for cleaning car Windows, which has pronounced protective properties and removes plaque and yellowing from the surface. It is based on two mechanisms of action of abrasive particles: chemical and mechanical. The first is expressed in the reaction of ceroxide with dirt, and the second-in a soft abrasive removal of the surface (defective) layer. This entails, on the one hand, a better processing result, and on the other – a lot of restrictions on applicability.
Due to the too high chemical activity of SONAX 273141, contact with plastic or body metal will inevitably lead to a paint defect, so the product should be handled as carefully as possible. The second limitation is that there is no question of polishing mirrors – only natural glass. However, for quality and safety for many years you have to pay dearly, and not only out of your own pocket, but also with such strict prohibitions.
- very high-quality cleaning of glass from turbidity, yellowing, scratches and abrasions;
- immunity to wetting;
- creating a surface protective layer;
- high resistance to dirt and UV rays.
- the high cost;
- it should be used with extreme caution: the composition may damage the paintwork.
The beauty of Hi-Gear HG5640, as a high-end Polish, lies in the observance of consumer safety measures, which, alas, is not enough for its direct competitor in the person of SONAX 273141. This is partly why the composition can be used not only to give the appearance of glasses, but also as cleaners for mirror surfaces and even simple glasses. The polymer composition of the liquid forms a strong, tear-resistant film with low wettability on the glass. Thanks to this feature, all the dirt and water flying from the roadway will inevitably roll down without hints of any traces.
Among the advantages of Hi-Gear HG5640, consumers with enviable persistence include the ability to move on the road (in the case of fine drizzle) without wipers, referring to the fact that drops do not linger on the glass and do not interfere with the view at all. This may be true, but we still do not recommend taking risks because of the pleasant functions of the Polish. As for the disadvantages, there is only one: when applied to glass, there is a very sharp and unpleasant smell of alcohol introduced into the composition for deep cleaning from persistent dirt.